can't sleep at night!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help..

I have a problem with banging pipes, it happens when hot water or central heating is on.
I've noticed that the cold feed pipe from extension tank to aerjec de-aerator bangs and then hot water returns back up the pipe .
Any idea what the problem could be as the pipes are too noisy to have on and wake the kids up, but on other hand can't heat water or house.
I have tried bleeding the radiators..
Cheers,
Eyun

Sponsored Links
I suspect that there is a much more serious problem than your description might imply.

All I can say is that you may need a competent engineer to identify the problem.

Tony

I had a similar sort of job / saga recently. The culprit in this case was a blocked feed pipe.
From what you have told me it is possible that you have a blockage in the area of your vent pipe / aerjec / feed pipe. Hold a magnet in the suspected area of the pipe. If it sticks then that will indicate the area of the blockage.

A faulty boiler stat is also a possibility. Cant say too much more than that from what you have told us.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back