Car Drivers Carpet Drenched

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
vauxhall Corsa Life 1.0 special edition 2002 35k miles 3dr hatchback

had an issue with ice forming inside the car in the cold weather so i looked up some stuff and there was a lot to do with moisture been trapped in the car so today i decided to give the inside a full clean down and i found that my drivers passenger carpet is absolutely drenched to the extent i push down and a mini puddle appears it smells like clean water, just its just starting to give the car a muggy smelly now, ive just moved out and i dont have alot money to go get this sorted obviously there's a leak going to be somewhere the carpet seems to be dry up by the peddles but it soaked in the middle but is dry under the car driver seat it cant been too long like this as ive had the car over a year now and wasn't like this before whenever ive cleaned the interior, the doors seal seems fine theres no damp or wetness around there ive looked under the hood its all dry under there all the windows are always shut in the car im just wondering if theres anything i can check to fix this problem or knows how can i remove my carpet because the under padding is so wet

Sponsored Links
There is a common problem on Corsas, relating to the area around the pedals, where a large plate, bolted to the bulhead with some sealant around the join, starts leaking. The solutions I have seen range from just squirting some underseal onto it, to stripping it down and doing things properly.

I did the proper job, including stripping out the carpets first to dry them out and not get wet knees when working in the car.

Look at this thread: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2620855#2620855

Read the bit where I start saying 'deliberate reply to old thread'. It's been 12 months and car is still dry.

Sponsored Links
Back