Car not starting!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No suprise really I suppose, its stood on our drive for the xmas season 2 weeks as we use another car, but now its dead when i turn the key!!

Is there anyway for me to get this started on my own? i think bump starting isnt an option as i dont have the room.... just wmondered if there was another way without having another car around?

If not, can i jump it ok from an automatic car battery? ( i know that shouldnt make any difference should it?)

Ive never jumped it from another car battery before myself, so any tips on what goes where? i take its just + - to my car and start both engines at the same time?

Sorry to be a pain!

Sponsored Links
No worries, just = to = and - to -

Then start the doner car first followed by your flat battery car. How old is battery? you MIGHT find your old battery will not hold charge and need to replace.

Sponsored Links
yeah, as above (with minor adjustments +-+ !).

You might be better to put a battery charger on it overnight if you or one of the neighbours have one

Thanks - got it going now, after a jump off a van!

Hope it starts today after overnight?!

Had it running for around 20 mins then took out for a 20 min drive just to charge the battery :)

I hope you did not hurt yourself jumping off of the van :D

a 20 min drive is a bit small for charging the battery, I'm sure it needs a lot longer than that.

Thanks - got it going now, after a jump off a van!

Hope it starts today after overnight?!

Had it running for around 20 mins then took out for a 20 min drive just to charge the battery :)
lol I must try that. I got a little car outside with a knacker battery, I'll see if the guy across the road will let me jump off the top of his van :D

Sponsored Links
Back