CAR RADIO CODE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last week, I changed the battery in my S-reg Vectra. I've disconnected the electrics before and had no problem putting the security code into the radio to get it working again.
This time however, I must have done something wrong as instead of getting the word 'CODE' on the display, it is stuck on 'SAFE'.
Any ideas anyone?

Sponsored Links
I'm guessing if it's the same as mine, it maybe in the safe-mode time limit every half hour so it disable you to do anything until the code display come on again, then enter your code number, if wrong numbers enter again then you have to wait for 1 hour and go on. That the way mine work.

Sometimes you need to press and hold one of the buttons to reset the display. I seem to remember having to press the band button on the player in my old Astra.

Sponsored Links
To enter the code correctly do the following:

Ignition OFF, Ignition On to Position 2

Press and Hold BOTH AS button and Power button for 2-3 secs until radio beeps.

You should be presented with the four dashes and code can be entered using buttons 1-4 followed by holding AS button until beep again to confirm.

If SAFE is still in display after power up, unit is locked and needs to be left on for up to an hour to unlock itself. If after this time still locked, may need to be decoded.

cheers

CJ

If it is locked - you need to leave ignition and radio on!

And before you try it........putting it in the freezer doesn't work........no idea why people think it does!

Lectrician said:
.......putting it in the freezer doesn't work........no idea why people think it does!
because its one of those urban myths

Back