Carpet stain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How can I remove coffee stains from a cream carpet? I've tried proprietary cleaners, but the stain is still visible.The carpet is man made fibre.

Sponsored Links
I just discovered a great way to shift several tea stains which had almost fully dried into a lovely cream carpet! I had an aerosol of Bissell OxyKic which is a double-pack of carpet cleaner, but on its own and cold it does not really shift the marks. I left it to soak for a couple of minutes and then blasted the wet stain with a steam gun and blotted carefully with lots of white kitchen roll..repeat a couple of times and bingo, stain completely gone! If you can't find the same stuff (I got it from Robert Dyas I think) it says on the can that is is nonionic surfactant so something similar may work just as well. The steam seems to supercharge the cleaning effect. :D

How can I remove coffee stains from a cream carpet? I've tried proprietary cleaners, but the stain is still visible.The carpet is man made fibre.

I'm afraid I'm not sure what a proprietary cleaner is, but I presume you mean something like this?

http://www.theoriginalfactoryshop.c...es/1952-Vax-Rapide-Spring-Carpet-Cleaner.html

Though I have this one and I'm very happy with the results.

Have kind of accepted though that with cream carpets, some stains are just never coming out :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back