CARPET UNDERLAY 9mm 0R 11mm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am about to buy some carpet underlay and I was going to get Cloud 9 Cumulus which is 11mm. I mentioned this to the shop where I am buying my carpet and they said 'I wouldn't if I were you, carpet fitters say its too thick and sits above the gripper' they recommended the Cirrus which is 9mm. I'm not buying the underlay from them so there was any bias on their part as to what underlay I used

Has any carpet fitters here had any experience of the Cumulus 11mm underlay. I was going for this because it has the best thermal properties and comfort rating but if its going to make the final fit of the carpet look bad then I will go for the 9mm version.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply, is thre much difference in the comfort feel between
the 9 and 11mm. I have concrete floors that get quite cold so was hoping the 11mm would be OK because of its better thermal properties but if its going to make the carpet look bad its not really an option.

Sponsored Links
the 11mm is softer but over kill. As for insulation, well there really is so little between the two that if you fitted two rooms the same with both underlays i bet you my bottom dollar you will not be able to tell the diference.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back