Cassette drive belt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What ho one and all,

I have a Sony cassette/radio unit and not surprisingly, the belts on the cassette have disintegrated.

There are two belts and they appear to be the same size. Around 1mm square (1.2mm?) and about 150 long, which means the circumference is 150mm and therefore, the diameter is around 47mm.

I'm not having much luck finding this on the internet; grateful if someone could point me the the correct direction.

Presumably I should be looking for belts that are around 140mm circumference? Given that the original are square and the drive wheels are V shaped, would a round belt do the same job? Or should I replace with the square?

Thanks and toodle pip

Rex

Sponsored Links
It's a Sony CFS-B31.

Thanks for the GB Audio link, seems to be the place to go. I will call them on the morrow.

Sponsored Links
Just a heads-up. Received and fitted two 44mm diameter drive belts and it is working as it should. Thanks for the advice.

Toodle pip

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back