Cast aluminium guttering more than double price of cast iron

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just got back from the builders merchants after pricing up replacement guttering for my house. A 6 ft length of cast iron 4.4" wide gutter, painted black, in traditional ogee shape, is around £35 per 6 ft length (excluding VAT). The same design and size in cast aluminium, unpainted, is around £60 (exc VAT) per 6 ft length.

What gives?

Sponsored Links
I recently saw plastic imitation cast iron waste pipe, looked just like the real thing, and I bet its a lot cheaper than your prices. Have a google.

Hi. In costing take in to account OG cast may not require bracket as is screws directly to fascia, plastics are available to mimic cast iron. Zinc gutter and downpipes are available, and normally fitted in there natural state, but can be painted using the correct primer. Both Rheinzink and VM have a range. Good Luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back