cast iron bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to drill a 16mm hole in a cast iron (obviously above the water line) to run a pipe through for a shower. Is this a good idea? and should i use a bi-metallic hole saw?

Sponsored Links
Conventionally, one would put the shower outlet on the wall.
Do you need a particularly large bidet?

Very good chris. let me explain myself a bit better somebody has asked me to install the plumbing side of an electric shower (mounted on the wall above the bath) and rather than run the pipework around the bath i wondered if i could drill straight through the bath. I am very new to this and would appreciate some help.
thanks

surely nowt wrong with a bit of nude pipework? i just couldnt contemplate desecrating a cast iron bath. :mad:

Sponsored Links
Cast iron is actually quite easy to drill, I think the traditional lubricant is paraffin - do check. You may chip the enamel and make a mess of that though.
Can you get a mains water supply down from above? Don't forget you'll need a big fat cable too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back