cast iron guttering replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

ok im looking at replacing my cast iron guttering as its extremely old leaks a hell of a lot and looks past it, i will be replacing it with plastic but to start with i have to get the cast stuff down and despite my best efforts i cannot find anywhere which says how much each section its likely to weigh. if anyone on here is able to give me a rough weight per section ( the usual 1.8m lengths ) that would be great

cheers all for the help

j

Sponsored Links
14 and 3/4 pounds ( Lbs) per 6 foot length.Of 4 inch half round.;) that is all I could find. It's an old Brit. Standard.

In a sense, all you need to know about cast iron guttering is that you will need two tied-in ladders (or towers) & two people to remove and fix each piece of the CI guttering and down pipe.

If the guttering is shot, chances are that the fascia is also shot - likewise, the felt that should lap into the gutter will be perished.

Ahh takes me back 20 years when I thought I could separate two pieces of cast by simply ****ting it with my hammer and The whole section falls and javelins through a conny roof!

Sponsored Links
Similar 20 ish years ago I thought I could remove the 6' lengths
one at a time off a ladder, after the first bracket was removed the
lot came down 40' luckily it came down before I moved the ladder across.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back