CATV/Cable Surface Box Owner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this is in the right forum, but here goes!!!

The garden of a house we are putting up for rent, has one of those small plastic surface boxes (approx 150mm x 120mm) in the lawn. As I understand it, although the road has no pavements, there is a strip of the gardens to the houses that is designated for utilities etc, which is where the box is located.

However, whilst mowing the lawn yesterday, the plastic lid came off the box and got shredded by the mower. Whilst I have temporarily “plugged” the hole to avoid any mishaps with animals or kids, I’m wondering if I need to try and determine who “owns” the box in order to have it repaired/replaced, or if I can just buy a new box and fit it myself.

If the former is the case, could anyone suggest who to contact to establish ownership. At the bottom of the access hole, there appears to be some flexible trunking but little else, so I’m none the wiser if it is telecoms, fibre or power. Unfortunately with the lid having been shredded, I wasn’t able to check what (if anything) was embossed on the lid.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
If it says CATV it’s virgin media

Look at a neighbours for a similar box and read what it says on it.

Sometimes, it takes someone else to spell out the glaringly obvious (y)!!! Many thanks - I’ll be scuttling around the neighbours lawns tomorrow to check.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back