cause of this damp?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, bit of an odd one. Ive been trying to diagnose source of damp at bottom of bay window at concrete floor level. Dpc is approx one course of brick above concrete floor.

I watch it like a hawk. Damp patches and wet bricks comes and goes without pattern.

This morning was bone dry. Its been v hot and no rain last few days. Today no showers bath, dishwaher etc were used.

I last checked at mid day and was dry, then checked again few moments ago and is soaking.

The ONLY significaNt water usage today was me washing the conservatory roof at rear of building, 50 feet from the damp patch. All drains are sound. A lot of water spilled on the ground.

The ground level at rear of building is approx one brick higher than at front.

Could this really be the cause? Would the water travel 50ft in a few hours and appear on interior brickwork? Exterior is dry btw.

Cant see what else it could be?

Ps building is dormer bungalow. Rear half built 1994 front half 1930s. All walls are cavity walls.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back