Cavity at door threshold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know this has been posted many times before and I have spent time looking at those threads. I'd just like confirmation from those more knowledgeable that what I'm about to do is correct.

The builder has left me a shell of a garage and what will be a utility room on the back. The floor levels in the utility are high to match the rest of the house. The back door from the utility room to garden has a deep (one block and 5 courses of brick) and wide (120mm) cavity. The DPC is 3 courses down from the sill of the door.

My plan is to knock away the first row of bricks from the inner skin and line the trough with a DPM pocket, then connect that DPM to the DPM running under the concrete slab. I will then fill the DPM pocket with concrete and a bit of PIR against the external leaf and bottom. I'll then screen the floor and trim DPM at the finished screed height.

Is this correct or is there a better way?

I assume I can do the same thing at the other doorway from the utility to the garage.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20221123_223402.jpg
    20221123_223402.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 67
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back