Cavity Wall and Free Insulation Offer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.
Local Authority are going round offering free cavity wall insulation.
Company is Warm Zone. Anyone know of them?
Got a few concerns. I have had trouble with very high humidity level in underfloor space (think I have got it under control now) the two air bricks on the stone front of the house are straight through to the underfloor no problem.
The gable end is two leaves of brick but the air bricks are in periscope fashion i.e. the air brick is a few courses higher on the outer leaf then the hole, (missing brick) on the inner leaf below wooden floor level
Could these be sleeved or will new airbricks be needed? This could cause a problem because the ground level is high on this elevation.
There are two airbricks high up on the gable end but can't see any evidence of them on the inside.
There is a fair old draught pulling up the cavity and I suspect these high airbricks are responsible - with the high humidity underfloor problem I am worried about losing this ventilation.
Also I have been reading through old posts and it seems there is some issue with gas fires needing an airbrick into the room.
We have had a gas fire for years, flue up the chimney with no airbrick and we haven't been gassed yet !!
Am I living illegally?? :rolleyes:
G.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back