CCTV recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend some wireless cameras to go on outdoor wall.

It's an old house with thick walls.

Would like to record the footage in case of car damage and see what is digging in the garden.

Sponsored Links
Wireless camera's are ****
If you use Wi-Fi camera it will still need power
You would be better of fitting a camera that is wired
Better choice of camera to do the right job for the installation
Load of rubbish on the market choose carefully ?

I agree with above wireless cameras still require power so may as well do it properly. If you had true wireless with battery’s and intended to record you would be up the ladder every few weeks replacing batteries.

Yes I accept I need to power it. I hate batteries. However the route for a video cable would be a nightmare.

Sponsored Links
I had an internal wireless camera that use to record to a NAS drive the quality and recordings were pretty good but was a Chinese brand had quite a few problems with it. If you do have your heart set on wireless go for a known brand.

You need to be clear what you mean by wireless. There are a few totally wire free cameras running off batteries, but really only suitable for indoor use.

If by wireless you mean a WiFi connected camera but with DC power supplied to operate it, look at Hikvision. I have recently added one to our cctv where power was available but a network cable was impractical. The video quality is as good as the wired cameras. But you do need a good clear WiFi signal path.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back