CDA 251ss single electric oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I was wondering if somebody could help me. I have installed in my kitchen a CDA 251ss single electric fan oven. Last week as i turned the oven on wth the selector switch the oven fused the plug and our electric box. I chainged the fuse in the plug and tripped the main house fuse and when i turned the oven on for the second time it again fused.
I had a look inside and could see that the selector switch had a build up of grease on some of the copper contacts one whcih had welded closed thus causing the fusing. I replaced the selector switch which now allows me to turn the oven on without fusing but it won't work in oven and fan assisted mode.Every other mode works. I know that the fan isn't faulty because that works on another setting. I have used a continuity tester on the elements and they seem to be ok.
Any idea's?

Sponsored Links
Post a legible schematic. Something in the oven seems to be clobbered. First it failed by shorting, now it's failing by an open circuit somewhere.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back