Celeb/pro footy match

I

imamartian

we should deal with this a bit?

for me, it's a great idea, and a lot of effort from the stars...

however, (and this is where i get a little cynical).... Robbie W doesn't have a 9 - 5 job to hold down.... ex footie [players need an outlet.....

and then the charity... "£20 buys 20 polio jabs"... well why the fook doesn't Pastakistanbuy those polio vaccinations from the £8bill in aid the Uk sends to these countries.....? :evil:

I have a fairly decent job, yet i'm now starting to wonder if i'm gonna get into debt just to survive..... and the b(w)ankers i'll owe money to, won't be funding polio jabs in some foreign land....

Why try to make me feel guilty? this sort od charity is 10% right, but 90% wrong.... politicians need to start this process, instead of starting wars !!!!

Sponsored Links
My son and his 2 friends went to see the game. They had a good time. Great atmosphere and for once those partaking weren't raking in a load of dosh for themselves.

That justifies it for me :)

i agree to a degree, but they are really privaledged to play on that turf for free,..... and yes it's their time for a good cause, but i suspect they think that is a once in a lifetime opportunity that you nor i will ever get !!!!!!

just shows doesn't it.... we're all mugs.... slap your money to Unicef to stop Africans getting Polio, yet our kids are starving....

we're in a double dip recession, yet they make us feel guilty for not giving !!!

what bugs me most is when they say (not sure they did this time) but they say "it's £3 plus your normal netork rate!!!"

why don't the telecom co pay towards the charity?

Sponsored Links
The sign of a civilisation is how it treats those less fortunate when one is short oneself.

As for the telecom co - if they pay then it's only our money anyway.

The sign of a civilisation is how it treats those less fortunate when one is short oneself.

As for the telecom co - if they pay then it's only our money anyway.

but we pay out £8bill to these countries... why does Unicef need my money? why isn't there a management plan, and austerity measures on other countries to bridge this gap?

Noting wrong with a dose of cynicism - myself I thought spraying champagne afterwards was a bit crass.

But you don't have to pay any money if you don't want to.
Also all the £5 text went to UNICEF

As for giving money for other countries, it's charity. The good it does you'll have to judge for yourself whether making some children's lives better is something we should be doing.

If you prefer to give to a charity that only deals with local problems, that's great too . You have the choice and there are plenty of volunteering opportunities locally if you are minded to help out.

Noting wrong with a dose of cynicism - myself I thought spraying champagne afterwards was a bit crass.

But you don't have to pay any money if you don't want to.
Also all the £5 text went to UNICEF

As for giving money for other countries, it's charity. The good it does you'll have to judge for yourself whether making some children's lives better is something we should be doing.

If you prefer to give to a charity that only deals with local problems, that's great too . You have the choice and there are plenty of volunteering opportunities locally if you are minded to help out.

i agree with your sentiment... but what i'm saying is why we bother with a small fry footie match worth 5mill? when countries deal in billions and trillions... buying a new warship costs? A quick google suggests an American aircraft carrier can cost around $5billion.... that;s a lot of polio vaccines... so why ask my to pay for them?

appropriate distribution of wealth.... that;s all !!

At least doing it this way gives you a bit of a choice as to where your own money goes to.

How you treat lifes losers is just as important when one is tall and handsome like what I am.

How you treat lifes losers is just as important when one is tall and handsome like what I am.

Now we know you're lying, because a few months ago you told us that you were a balding, slanty eyed, bow legged ugly fat Chinaman. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Back