Cement Removal From Pvc Door?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey guys
just had a concrete floor laid in my garage and theres cement splashes all over my white pvc door, any tips of removing these without damaging or scraping the door?
many thanks

Sponsored Links
hello
yes tried washing it, its well dried, i read somewhere else to keep soaking it in water for about a day, so maybe ill do that...and see, any other tips are always welcome

I'm on a similar problem after grouting shower tiles with a 'cement' style grout. Now the ceramic tray is blotched with residue.. Scraping sort of works, but I don't want to scrape the top off the surface !

Is there some sort of "solvent" for cement/lime mortar type products? The building trade must come across this a lot.. ?

Sponsored Links
Brick cleaner (sometimes known as mortar cleaner/remover). Brush it on, wash it off. It's a weakish hydrochrolic acid solution and is the 'dogs b*llocks' for all this type of work. It's great for cleaning all 'lime' type stuff off just about everything - we use it to refresh bathrooms; WC pans, basins & baths come-up looking like new. Cleans the limescale off taps, wastes, shower trays, etc. so they come-up sparkling. Just watch the reaction as the cement/limescale bubbles loose. If needs be a brush to agitate sometimes helps but be ready to wash-off (neutralise) with water when done. Stainless steel will mark so don't use it there. Won't work on non-cement tile adhesives/grouts.

Wear gloves & goggles and don't let it splash on your clothes, otherwise it's fine to use.

ps. I even use the stuff to de-scale my kettle - fantastic!

Brick cleaner (sometimes known as mortar cleaner/remover). Brush it on, wash it off. It's a weakish hydrochrolic acid solution and is the 'dogs b*llocks' for all this type of work. It's great for cleaning all 'lime' type stuff off just about everything - we use it to refresh bathrooms; WC pans, basins & baths come-up looking like new. Cleans the limescale off taps, wastes, shower trays, etc. so they come-up sparkling. Just watch the reaction as the cement/limescale bubbles loose. If needs be a brush to agitate sometimes helps but be ready to wash-off (neutralise) with water when done. Stainless steel will mark so don't use it there. Won't work on non-cement tile adhesives/grouts.

Wear gloves & goggles and don't let it splash on your clothes, otherwise it's fine to use.

ps. I even use the stuff to de-scale my kettle - fantastic!
Sounds just like the trick for me, but I'd do a test before applying it on PVC!

Careful with the acid..
One tip you could try is to wait for a cold day/night and soak the area with hot water, cement should just fall off with a few stubborn wipe overs.
Whenever i was asked to re-polish upvc due to dry cement 99 times out of 100 this method worked, As the upvc is smooth the adhesion should be minimal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back