Central Heating Boiler Problem - Modena 80e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I have posted details before but still not able to form a conclusion.

My boiler still gives me hot water, but no heating. I have not used the CH since April, and although it seems that the CH wants to kick in, it's as if something is stopping it working.

I have recorded the details and can be viewed at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtP5pvZE2vo

Please take a look and offer some suggestions. Thanks to you all in advance. I will happily try to elaborate further if I can.

Sponsored Links
The boiler fires and goes out shortly saying the temp is satisified.

Check the pump is running!

I dont think these operate in HW mode so may be slightly siezed up.

The led is flashing as a 3 minute time delay after the hot water demand.
Other than that from the video cannot comment. What happens after the light stops flashing?

THe ch sensor could be faulty,timer not actually calling for heat, roomstat faulty...........etc

Sponsored Links
The led is flashing as a 3 minute time delay after the hot water demand.
Other than that from the video cannot comment. What happens after the light stops flashing?

THe ch sensor could be faulty,timer not actually calling for heat, roomstat faulty...........etc

Cheers for the post.

Once the light stops flashing, that's it, no more activity until I turn the hot tap on again.

It's almost as if it wants to get going but something stands in the way.

Does the CH come on at all? even few a few seconds?

its saying that the central heating is on stand by.. hmm :confused:

do you have any external controls room stats etc.. make sure they are calling for heat..

I reckon it could be the CH sensor taking a false reading.

http://www.aroundtownflats.com/manuals/Boilers/Ferroli/Modena.80.pdf[/QUOTE]

Hi. No external controls, the boiler is all I have. The CH doesn't start for even a second, so it's totally bizarre! No issues before this week, last time used was in April.

Had the same problem this week with a Modena. This one had the indicator lights on the left hand side though. Turned out to be the ignition PCB. 2 versions of this boiler though, 1 had 1 PCB and the other had 2. Mine had 2. Hot water worked fine, heating would fire up occasionaly but when it went off via the boiler stat it wouldn't come back on again.

Had the same problem this week with a Modena. This one had the indicator lights on the left hand side though. Turned out to be the ignition PCB. 2 versions of this boiler though, 1 had 1 PCB and the other had 2. Mine had 2. Hot water worked fine, heating would fire up occasionaly but when it went off via the boiler stat it wouldn't come back on again.

Did you manage to get it sorted?

Did you manage to get it sorted?

Thanks for all of your help on this. Turned out to be a switch. Replaced within 15 minutes and all for a callout fee.

Hi all. I have posted details before but still not able to form a conclusion.

My boiler still gives me hot water, but no heating. I have not used the CH since April, and although it seems that the CH wants to kick in, it's as if something is stopping it working.

I have recorded the details and can be viewed at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtP5pvZE2vo

Please take a look and offer some suggestions. Thanks to you all in advance. I will happily try to elaborate further if I can.

Did you manage to work out what the problem was because I've got exactly the same problem at the moment and wondered if there was an easy fix before I called the plumber out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back