Central Heating Conundrum

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm having a problem with some of my rads not heating up.
I have a conventional vented heating system with 11 rads all on 8mm microbore, and a standard boiler. All rads are fed by separate flow and return from a manifold in the airing cupboard.
Both some of the upstairs and downstairs rads are not heating up, only 5 of the 11 are hot, the others mainly don't even have heat at the flow pipe. I have bled them all
Its Pumped by a Grundfos super 4 that seems to be running ok, had the motor off but couldn't extract the impeller to check it. Today i have drained down and flushed out 2 rads that were not working, also back flushed the flow and return pipes for these too upto the expansion tank so guess the pipes are not blocked. Thoroghly cleaned the gunk from the expansion tank and re-filled and bled rads. When refilled one of them gets hot and one completely not.
Even shutting down all the hot rad doesn't sem to get the cold ones going.
Any ideas, I'm trying to stick to the warm rooms at the mo.

Sponsored Links
Think you need to carry on flushing it all out, one rad circuit at a time, closing all other while you do so.

Could be that as soon as you had removed the debris from a run, refilling pushed it back in from elsewhere. Since you have 6 rads not working, there's a lot of gunk in there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back