Central heating (fitting) advice please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

A quick question for those in the know.
I intend to get an electrician & plumber in to rewire and fit central heating in my house in the near future.
At the moment I have taken out the ground flloor ceilings. the noggins for ceing roses are up.
Would it be advantageous to have the place rewired and re-plumbed before installing the ceilings?
I appreciate that it gives good access to the joists without removing floorboards, but wanted to know if this is good practice, as future access to

cables & pipes would be limited.

I've posted this on electrical & plumbing forums for the respective trades to view.

Any advice / views / pointers would be greatly appreciated appreciated....Cheers.

Sponsored Links
If the ceilings are down then great.

Hate lifting floor boards.

Make sure it is all pressure tested before putting the new plaster boards back up.

Yes you plumber can run plastic piping through the joists.

I suggest you put insulation under the floor before putting the ceilings in again.

Just a note I'd like to add.

DO NOT EVER be tempted to notch the underside of a joist!

This weakens the joist much more than a notch in the top.

Sponsored Links
Since pipes are normally located above joists in notches where they cross over the joists there will not always be as much advantage as might be hoped but it will certainly make the job easier for the plumbing.

For the wiring it will be a lot easier.

Tony!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back