Central Heating, Hot Upstairs and sort of hot downstairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please bear with me for the length and non-technical speak

We have a Gravity fed system with a Glo worm Micron 50ff to provide hot and cold.

So we have been away and its been off for a few months, powered it up and the hot water is fine, it heats up and when I run the hot I can hear the boiler start up to keep the tank full of hot etc.

Now the heating, initially only the upstairs was hot and nothing down stairs, so last night I ran round bleeding radiators etc, and the first rad in the chain started to get warm at the top of the radiator (the rest downstairs were cold) and it took ages mind. Anyway turned off the heating and left it, this morning turned on the heating and the first 2 rads down stairs warmed up and in the normal time, but only the first two, I have also noticed that at a certain point the boiler cut out(I assume it thinks its done its job ?)

So I know the boiler works
I have bled all the radiators can’t find any air locks

Pointers really appreciated.

Regards

John B

Sponsored Links
Try turning off all the good rad's thus forcing the flow to the bad ones and see if that works. Even try one bad one at a time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back