Central Heating Issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All,

Looks like I have a Central Heating issue in my flat. The lounge where I need the heat the most has a radiator which is partially cold. I know that there's no air because i have switched off the other radiators except the one in the lounge and this works fine. So I switched the radiators back up 1 by 1. But now the one in the Lounge is luke warm again. I have been told that it could be

1 - flow issue

2 - adjust the heating pump

Your help will be invaluable.

Thanks

String :(

Sponsored Links
Flow issue or balance issue. Could be pump, could be sludge, could be poorly designed/installed pipework, could be balancing.
Possibly a poltergeist in just one rad, but that is rare.

Sponsored Links
All,

Looks like I have a Central Heating issue in my flat. The lounge where I need the heat the most has a radiator which is partially cold. I know that there's no air because i have switched off the other radiators except the one in the lounge and this works fine. So I switched the radiators back up 1 by 1. But now the one in the Lounge is luke warm again. I have been told that it could be

1 - flow issue

2 - adjust the heating pump

Your help will be invaluable.

Thanks

String :(

Gents,

The pump is Thermowatt and the heating system is Aristan.

Can somebody recommend me a good website or book that I can read about.

I have tried to balance the system and it looks like that it goes back to normal. The Central Heating in the lounge is cold.

I have tried to switch off other heating around the flat and left the one in lounge high and i noticed that the cold heating does work.

Thanks

String

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back