Problem with radiators even with plumber not solved - Help!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can help me Im almost ripping my hair out! I had a leak a few months ago a mouse chewed through a heating pipe which supplied water to the radiators the system was completely drained. The pipe was replaced and was filled back up using the filling loop.

However when Ive come to turn the heating on a week ago some of the radiators dont work, Ive aired them all with the heating off but the problem still remains.

I have 6 radiators downstairs (1 kitchen medium size next the boiler, 2 in the lounge large ones and 1 in dining room a medium size and 1 in porch).

When I had the system first installed they were red hot you couldnt even touch them, the problem Im having is that most of the radiaors are working OK except for the lounge one, the plumber I had up today removed the valves and checked to make sure they were clear which they were.

He thought that the 2 radiators in the lounge was taking all the heat starving the other radiators, he turned all the radiators off except for the dining room it started to heat back up which got hot and was fine.

He left thinking he solved the problem, turned the other radiators back on and the dining room goes back to luke warm (I kept the 2 lounge radiators switched off at both ends).

Also have the same problem with my bedroom (upstairs there are 3 small radiaors and 2 medium size). The room with just 1 radiator is freezing, tried airing it but its just cold water...

Any ideas please?! Had a plumber up paid £70 and its still not solved!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
See balancing in FAQ section.
May need a new pump - how old is yours?

Sponsored Links
Just rang the plumber he said he balanced the radiators by turning the valve half-way on each radiator? He said it may need some (forgot the name) stuff that circulates the water better and that I may have lost the liquid when I had the leak?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back