Central Heating Loops

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a single storey house that I extended some time ago to add on three bedrooms and a bathroom.

Apologies if I use the wrong terminology but I have a two pipe central heating system (feed & return) with two loops - one loop feeds the old part of the house and the second feeds the extension. The pipes are 22mm until they reach the loops when they reduce to 15mm. The system works well since a new boiler was installed last year.

I now need to modify the feed due to fitting a new kitchen which will require a slight re-routing of the main feed and return. What I intend to do is create a new loop of the main feed and return pipes that will feed just the kitchen and dining room before continuing on and to feed the the two previously mentioned loops (I am not adding any radiators but just need to feed the kitchen and dining room ones separately to avoid an extra long pipe run).

So, I suppose my question is, can I have 3 loops instead of 2?

In addition, I want to take the opportunity to fit a towel radiator in the bathroom. Can I take a spur off the feed to the bathroom radiator and put the return onto the bathroom radiator's return or does that cause problems?

Any advice is appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back