Central Heating.noise and no heat

MiD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yesterday I fitted an new pump to my central heating system. I have drained the system completely, bled every radiator and the pump but now have major noise from the system.

It clangs bangs and the sound of rushing water can be heard. When it fires up even at the lowest temp settings it will cut out after a few seconds, this goes on for a while then it stops even firing up. None of the radiators are warm though warm pipes can be felt either side of the pump. I have attempted to adjust the pump (a Grundfos) between the settings but even this does not seem to make a difference.

I have a Glow-worm boiler Fuelsaver F boiler.

Sponsored Links
The pump is noisy because it is pumping air and not water. With the air in the system, heat is not able to get away from the boiler so it cuts out. You need to find other bleed points around the system, which will be on the pipework, sometimes in difficult to find places.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back