central heating will work, water will not heat up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Glow worm condensing boiler. Bled a radiator and the pressure went so low the central heating system and water did not work. Re-filled the heating system and thought I had filled to around 1.0 bar but without knowing it went up to 2.6 bar. Bled the system from one of the radiators and down again to around 1.2 bar. Central heating is still working but for some reason the water won't heat up and it doesn't sound as if the boiler is firing up to try and heat it either. Any help?

Sponsored Links
worked out thanks what was wrong. had turned on the valves(?) for filling up the system with water and hadn't turned them both off again! Der! but thanks Mr 45yearsagasman, it's a combi (does that mean water and central heating)? (Can you tell I'm a woman?)

Sponsored Links
Most boilers heat domestic hot water and radiators. Differences are a heat only boiler heats a tank with stored hot water, a combi heats hot water 'on demand', i.e. when a hot tap is opened the boiler will fire to heat the water as it passes through to taps.

We have members of both sexes on here with equal amounts of knowlege. (Or not... :D )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back