Valliant Turbomax. CENTRAL HEATING NOT WORKING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys ive got a problem if someone can help me out with it please.
My Valliant is providing me with hot water at the taps however my central heating around the house is not working.

I have checked and filled the boiler via the filling loop but still no joy. Can someone please tell me the correct way of filling the unit just in case i have done it wrong. Pictures would be great. Although it does show 2 bar of pressure.

Due to decorating i had all the radiators OFF. Now that i have put them back on and bled them my central heating seems to dead. Saying that however the radiator which is right next to the unit about a meter away warms up. But when i turn the central heating on the other 4 radiators around the house do not seem to get a warm water supply? The pipes are all cold. I do not have any errors which are flashing on the screen. At times it sounds like the boiler fires up for a few seconds for the central heating but then goes dead.
Please can somebody help? Thank you

Sponsored Links
Did you balance the rads after turning them back on? If not try closing the valves to the rad that gets hot and see if any others becomer hot, if so you need to balance the rads.

Hi mate did close of the valve and see if other warms up but they did not. The radiator which runs is right next to the boiler and in a way you can say it as a seaprate feed from like a T shape pipe from the main radiator feed.
Normally i think i could hear the Turbomax click and run when i turn the rads on but it dont.
Any ideas please?
How Do you balance the rads?

Could you have closed one of the valves under the boiler on the heating circuit when you were trying to refill the boiler?

They have a line which should be in line with the pipe when open.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I dont think its a problem with bleeding the pump as you say you have DHW everywhere.

You can find out about most of these things in the FAQ on this site.

Tony

Right ive bled the pump and bled the inlet and outlet CH pipes but there was no air to be found. Ive also bled the radiators again. I checked the diagnosis codes and what i got was F28 and F29.
Ive checked the forums but cannot see anything that is linked to my units problem. Any1 have any other ideas please? Thanks for all your help

That might imply a gas related problem which would need a gas registered engineer.

But as its only on CH and your DHW is fine thats seems a little odd.

Wait and see what others suggest.

Tony

Its nearly a week now and no one else has made any suggestions?

Have you advanced the situation?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back