S13 Error on Valliant Turbomax Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an s13 error on my Valliant Turbomax Boiler and I don't know what it means? I have no not water or central heating. The boiler broke a couple of months back and I replaced the Ignition & Monitoring Electrode. I thought it was the same fault so replaced it again, but once installed it then came up with a S13 code.

Sponsored Links
An S-- is a status code and the S13 probably relates to the ignition sequence.

I am surprised that it is not progressing to an "F--" code but perhaps its getting into a stuck condition.

One would expect that its an ignition related problem and so that should be dealt with by a competent CORGI.

Its possible that its a PCB fault but its expensive to replace that if the fault has not been correctly diagnosed.

As you have already opened the combustion chamber and replaced parts when not classed as competent I am not going to be giving you any detailed advice apart from calling someone.

Tony

I wouldn't know one end of boiler from another... I personally did not fit it... I asked a friend of a friend who is Corgi registered. I would ask him to look at it again if I really have to, but was looking for alternative advice to be honest!

The boiler broke a couple of months back and I replaced the Ignition & Monitoring Electrode. I thought it was the same fault so replaced it again, but once installed it then came up with a S13 code.

I can only read what you say and that clearly said that you replaced it yourself!

Tony

Sponsored Links
I did get it replaced I didn't say I fitted it myself. Don't worry I'll go elsewhere, I was only asked for advice!! All I wanted to knwo was what the code meant.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back