Central Heating not working after fitting new Rad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a problem that's driving me mad. I fitted two new radiators last night, this was moving one that was over sized in the kitchen & replacing the bathroom with a towel rad.
All went ok, I turned the boiler off, drained the system, fitted new radiators. After that I bled the system making sure there was water in the gravity header tank.
Should all be fine.

Problem is that when I turn on the heating it just won't work!

The boiler is working (it's a Baxi back boiler) & the hot water is fine. What seems to be happening is that the pump & value aren't being told that the system wants to go.

If I turn the HW on & turn the valve manually I can get hot water around the system & I have re-bled all the rads to make sure but no joy.
I can't understand why it's not working, any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies but it wasn't the pump because that worked for the hot water, the valve may have issues but that would not have held the pump off.

Weird thing though, I went away for the weekend, come back and it's working! Can't explain why it just seems to work fine.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back