Central heating overflow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I noticed the overflow pipe was dripping in the morning and about an hour later it had stopped.
I tried testing the ballcock valve by pushi g it down and it returned ok.
I could only see one ballcock and not sure if there are two.

The central heating system is an indirect baxi bermuda.
In the loft, theres the green insulated copper tank with 3 plastic reservoir tanks.
It overflowed (dribbled/dripped) the once about a week ago and hasn't overflowed since.
So, is there a fault?
Thanks for any advice in advance

Sponsored Links
would need a lot more info than what you have given to really help, however if it is the overflow that is connected to the upper part of one of the cold water cisterns ,the first thing you need to establish is that the ball cock/float valve is closing fully when the water level reaches the required level .so ,by hand ,lift up the float arm and watch carefully to see if it still let's water pass, even a slow drip will over time overfill the cistern.it should close fully and no water should pass.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back