I wonder if anyone can help?
When my central heating is on,
about every three minutes there is
a huge "rushing" sound in the loft
and there seems to be a huge surge
in the water flow which is very noisy.
Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
I would suggest the rushing sound in the loft is water expanding and over flowing into the tank.
Why not observe what is happening in the loft and also ensure you have the right level of water in the tank.
If it is caused by expanding water, the water could be too hot so you could try lowering the temperture a little at the boiler.
Or is there some resistance due to blockage and the water finds it easier to go up the expansion pipe than circulate round the system, you coul try changing the pump speed to a slower setting. It won't remove a blockage but it might stop the rushing sound.
You could do a search on this forum as there are lots of ideas/suggestions relating to cenral heating.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Most common problem on boiler stat is a build up of dusts which the metal expanding arm failed to operated because of dusts (or could be faulty),therefore the boiler overheating ,you can try and take the cover off & blow the dusts out but be careful there's a live,neutral,earth ternimal blocks inside depending on your boiler type.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back