Central heating - recommended pipe in pipe manufacturer...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everyone

im installing a domestic central heating system and would like some advice on pipewrok distribution in conc. floor screed. the htg. system is unvented and operate temp. is between 40-90 deg C.

1. i understand pipe in pipe is prob best solution. can you please recommend a reputable manufacturer? athere will be no joints below screed.

2. can you suggest the best pipework arrangement for following connection;
pipe in screed turns through min. bending radius and exits floor screed vertically to connect to rad valves. would prefer to transition to copper or chrome finished pipe such as st/st or plated cu.? the depth to accomodate the pipe bend will be limited also.

3. is it normal to install nitrile rubber insulation such as armaflex to the pipework such that the pipes sleeve is contained in insulation?

your thoughts would be greatly appreciated

regards

s

Sponsored Links
i was hoping someone on this forum could share their experience with this element of a basic LPHW heating installation
time and money is against me and quality plumbers are scarce in my neighbourhood so unfortunately its not a viable option at present.

use a manifold and 10mm copper,only joints will be rad valve and manifold,max run 20ft to the rad 20ft back so centralise the manifold.

Sponsored Links
i had manifolds in mind for the job. small bore pvc coated tubing with insulation is an option to consider.

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back