Connect to bend of soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I HAVE already installed the soil pipe in the concrete slab. I have NOT yes put the insulation or screed. As a last minute change I now want to put a wet room in the room immediately next to a toilet room. Ideally what I waned to do was to connect the drain from the wetroom into the soil pipe before I put the insulation and screen so I can then build up the wetroom level to the rest of the ground floor.

However the issue is the way the soil pipe has been installed is that it would be on the bend on the soil pipe.

Is there any way I can safely connect these two without compromising the soil pipe i.e. I dont want to damage the soil pipe since that is in the slab.

See attached image.

Any help massively appreciated.

Attachments

• waste pipe.jpg
    waste pipe.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 210
Sponsored Links
Is the drain taking soil /waste from the ground floor bathroom or will the stack be going up to higher floors? Only option would be to try and fit a boss to the pipe, but not sure how well it would attach to a bend. Also depends on first question, if the stack is going to a first floor bathroom (or above), then its a non starter anyway as you're too close to the invert of the bend.

Yes the drain is taking soil/waste from downstairs toilet only, it will not be going to higher floors. The risk is if i try and fix a boss to the pipe and it doesnt work then i may damage the soil pipe as well :(

Sponsored Links
Presume it has to connect at that point to supply the fall on the waste from the wet room?

As suggested, it would be better if you could find another option but if there none then rather than using a traditional strap on boss, you may find using a McAlpine mechanical boss will be an easier fit. You may have to trim it and supplement it with a little silicone adhesive to get it to fit just right and seal properly.

th

There can't really be anything higher up on the soil pipe though (toilet?) as any fitting on the bend will be a catch point for any detritus/leak point.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back