Bend in vertical soil stack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
- The vertical part of the soil pipe from the toilet in our 1st floor toilet is in an awkward spot.
- There are no toilets above this toilet and there is no outside venting. There is a an internal air admittance valve.
- We want to move the vertical part of the soil pipe and the AAV from one side of the toilet to make better use of space.

The problem is, my moving the vertical part of the soil pipe, it will not to have two bends to connect to the vertical soil pipe below it. See photo of our garage - which is directly underneath this bathroom and where the soil pipes are - with rough measurements in mm.

I'm going to say the proposal is roughly a 116 degree bend at the top where the new soil pipe will be and roughly 64 degree bend to connect to the old soil pipe on left hand side....thoughts?!?!?!Is this problematic? I've been reading you shouldn't have bends in the vertical soil pipe other than at the very bottom...

Thanks

1710755048519.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Bends in the wet section are not ideal, but if cannot be avoided, you dont have much option. Only way you'll achive the angles quoted is by using adjustable bends, but if all you want to do is join the section sticking through the ceiling to the existing stack in the corner, 2x 92.5º bends will suffice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back