Central heating reluctant to switch on and switches off soon after.

Muggles and Ian,

I would like to give you more information about the system, but I will have to get that from the tenants. They've probably lost the instruction manual and they can't get up the loft. I'll try to find out what the boiler and controller is.

The only symptoms were that it keeps swirching off, but when it was on it was working fine. It seems the off times became more frequent and apparently now it's not coming on at all.

Harry Bloomfield,

That's exactly how I feel, but my property manager can't find anyone that can diagnose it accurately.

Harrythefurrysquid,

I have been providing a working central heating system for 11 years, and the minute I have been notified of a problem I have got on the case of trying to sort it out. I'm interested in your appraisal of me being cheap by not having a crap cheap quality modern boiler installed, I thought I was being prudent by keeping a boiler that was properly engineered, robust, reliable and working well. Clearly that's not the case now. However from what I can gather from the plumber, having the old boiler and system fixed on a trial and error basis could well be a lot more expensive than a new boiler. Even with a new boiler, there is no guarantee that they will find the fault, and I'll be back to square 1. What is it about having a new boiler you feel is better ?
It could be a zone valve issue but hard to say without having the info about the system. Where in the UK is it located? We might be able to recommend someone who could take a look

Sponsored Links
It could be a zone valve issue but hard to say without having the info about the system. Where in the UK is it located? We might be able to recommend someone who could take a look

Which should be easy for any engineer worth their salt, to diagnose.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back