Central Heating Thermostat Problem, I think!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had an engineer fix the boiler but has said that there is a problem between the boiler and the thermostat. There is 240v going from the boiler to the thermostat and only about 40v coming back, therefore creating a problem.. he has short circuited this at the moment and the temperature can be controlled from the boiler, he mentioned that it could be the thermostat or the wiring. I was thinking of just changing the thermostat and seeing what happens.... has anybody had this problem or advise if anything else could be a problem.

Sponsored Links
If this "engineer" can't sort, you'll need an electricial, or someone else who can. There is not enough information in your post to bee able to diagnose your problem.

Stick a meter on the supply at the rear of the therm to check you have 240v, turn the therm until it switches on and check the output is 240v. will tell you if it is the supply to the therm, the therm, or the wiring out of the therm. If you don't have a meter, for the sake of a few £, just change the therm - all assuming it is a basic bi-metal strip type.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back