Central heating will not come on automatically

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

The central heating in my home will not come on automatically anymore. When i turn the heating on or turn it up or when it switches on based on the timer, I have to physically switch a small lever behind an oblong silver motorised valve (head?) in the airing cupboard to get hot water into the system. When I switch the valve, I can hear water rushing into the system. Could the head be faulty or is it an issue with the system not telling the head to switch across? When the heating is set to twice a day and its not the right time for the heating to be on, when I switch the valve, it just switches itself back off again.

Sponsored Links
Hello,

The central heating in my home will not come on automatically anymore. When i turn the heating on or turn it up or when it switches on based on the timer, I have to physically switch a small lever behind an oblong silver motorised valve (head?) in the airing cupboard to get hot water into the system. When I switch the valve, I can hear water rushing into the system. Could the head be faulty or is it an issue with the system not telling the head to switch across? When the heating is set to twice a day and its not the right time for the heating to be on, when I switch the valve, it just switches itself back off again.
The motor in the box has died, you can replace just the motor and save money or if the box has 2 screws holding onto the brass body you can replace the whole metal box. (Honeywell). Its a three port valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back