CH but no Hot Water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
PLease help.
I have had a problem with my hot water for the past few months. THe pressure keeps dropping and therefore which I know has impacted this.
However more recently even when the pressure looks ok we sometime can't get even luke warm water. There doesn't seem a pattern to this. The heating is working fine.
Problems seemed to escalate after we turned the rads down slightly - have bled and checked for leaks.
Last night though I heard water in the back yard and when I checked there is now very hot water coming out of the over flow.

Can anyone give me an idea of what is wrong. A plumber mate is coming to have a look on Sunday but it is a long time between now and then and thought might be able to do something temp.

Thanks
Emily

Sponsored Links
sorry I should have added that it is a Vokera Excell.
Not sure if that helps.
If I can give more info so you can get a better idea please let me know.
Desperate to have hot water again

Sponsored Links
hot water could be diaphragm, but due to age of this boiler I would suspect heat exchanger scaled up?

insufficient flow causes pressure to build up as it is heated up so prv will open :?:

gas4you said:
insufficient flow causes pressure to build up as it is heated up so prv will open :?:

But if the EV is correctly set then that will easily absorb the small expansion from DHW use as its sized for the rads.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back