CH circulation problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,
I've been struggling with the CH heating at home here since those freezing cold days before Christmas.
I've done quite a bit of plumbing and installed a few CH systems (a few years ago) so not a total novice.
The system here worked fine for 20 years. A new Ideal Mexico floor standing boiler was installed (by a Corgi guy) a couple of years ago. Pump about 5 years old, Honeywell 3way valve less than a year old.
Problem: Not getting much heat out of the rads.
Took all rads off and hosed through (in the snow).
Two lots of de-sludger through the system and flushed out using DOC's to the outside wall.
Replaced one-way valve on the 22mm return even though old one seemed okay.
The CH flow pipe gets very hot throughout the house so I figure the boiler is okay.
Some of the rads get nicely hot but the return pipes through the house are suprisingly cool. So the flow pipe to a rad is hot but the return side is very cool. Feels to me that the return in the system is somehow not working properly.
Any help from all the experts out there would be really appreciated as I've come to the limit of my experience (and realised that I know nothing).
B33zo

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back