CH cleaner and number of flushes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning!

I'm off to parents house to clean their 8mm microbore CH system - it hasn't been flushed in at least 10 years, and we have some serious sludge (cold spots) in a couple of the rads.

Now given we're doing it on my parents budget, they've bought one litre of Sentinel x400 only. (at least I warned them off the £3 stuff)

I'm going to remove the more serious sludged rads (I want to convert to TRVs anyway and paint behind) but for the rest of the pipework, I'm undecided whether to leave the whole 1l in for a month... or put half in - leave for a day, flush and then put the other half in.

I could sneak off and buy a second bottle of x400, but apart from that do the cleaners require a minimum concentration to break up the sediment - or just take longer for lower concentrations.

They are not interested in hiring a powerflusher, and since they are retired have plenty of time to keep fiddling. (unlike me)

Thanks for the advice.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back