Chair 'sling' fabric recommendation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a bentwood armchair which has a 'sling' of material (somewhat like a deckchair) and this supports the cushion and the weight of the sitter.

This has ripped and I want to replace it. It's wider than a deckchair, so deckchair material whilst it would be most suitable, is too narrow, and anyway I just want plain black.

I've used cotton canvas from John Lewis before, but it really isn't heavy-duty enough to last very long. The width is 60cm, required length 1.5m

I don't need waterproof or plasticised material, just something that is both heavy enough for the job, but not so chunky that I can't run it through the sewing machine.

So to summarise:-
Black heavy duty (indoor quality) canvas
Width 60cm
Length 150cm

Any recommendations gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately straps - yes webbing - wouldn't work because it needs a continuous piece of material, as I said, a lot like a deckchair. Straps would just pull apart and Granny would fall through!

Sponsored Links
Got a feeling that may not be sturdy enough, people have made curtains and dresses out of it. Need something pretty heavyweight.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back