Changing boliers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would it be a worthwhile investment to change over to a combi? I've currently got a back boiler and wanted to know the pros and cons of changing to a combi boiler. The current boiler is a 10 year old Baxi that feeds a small 2 bed house with 5 radiators and the usual hot water outlets.

My feeling is the whole system probably needs an overhaul, as the hot tank and most (if not all the radiators) are 15+ years old. A new pump was fitted new when the Baxi boiler was fitted.

What would the likely costs be? And the savings in fuel costs?

Sponsored Links
In a very small terraced house the saving is unlikely to be a worthwhile return on the costs.

See what the annual gas bill is and if say £500 then consider the likely saving of 20% or £100 against the capital of £2000-£3000 and I dont see that its financially justified.

Many of the expected savings dont occur because with heating thats cheaper to run some people leave in on longer or higher "because its cheaper".

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back