Changing this thermostatic shower valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace the old Sirrus thermostatic shower valve which we had fitted in 1993. The problem is the temperature dial is very loose and I have had the mixing cartridge so many times at £90 a go and my elderly parents complaining it's too hot, I want to change the whole shower valve.

How easy is it for me to get another make new valve which will fit the exact cold and hot pipe distances as shown here? The original builder who put this in, didn't put in the wall face in which this valve should be sitting on. Instead, he put it straight onto the wall and onto the elbow.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_2293.JPG
    IMG_2293.JPG
    197.1 KB · Views: 94
Sponsored Links
not very good clarity on pic ,but valves are available with adjustable width inlet ports for pipe centres between 130 to 160 mm .if your pipes are 15 mm copper and between those measurements it could be straightforward .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back