Cheap garage shelving suggestions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to find a cheap solution for Garage storage, previously have used pallets and posts to botch some simple shelving that looks a bit ugly but does the job.

Trouble is I am stuck at home at present and for the foreseeable due to COVID and need a shelving solution CIRCA 2 meters high that can be delivered somehow.

And I will need a fair bit of it.

Have looked at Racking but perhaps there are cheaper options, any ideas?

Sponsored Links
I found someone selling a stick welder and a load of plain steel HD angle in a newspaper free ad. back in the 1980's. From the angle I was able to make up 4x 6 foot high shelves, by 36" x 18" deep, with 4 or 5 shelves to each and all welded up. For the drop into the horizontal angle shelves, I just used water ever wood I could find. Some MDF, some pallet wood etc. I still have those in my garage, two either side of the big roller shutter door.

There was plenty of steel left over, so next I made myself a welding bench.

Sponsored Links
Not cheap, but handy as you can adjust the height. Twinslot shelving and a pile of timber. Assuming the walls can take the weight.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back