Cheapest way to create walkway in rockwool insulated loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Our loft is about 10 metres / 32 foot long from one end to the other. It is insulated with 200mm of rockwool. I have previously created a small area for storage made from loft boards and those peg extension things that screw into the joists.

However, I want to create a walkway/crawlway that allows me to get from one end to the other for the purposes of being able to check downlight attachments/pipework etc if I need to.

I could invest in a few loftboards / pegs but it starts getting quite pricey. I've thought about having some bits of ply up in the loft that I lay down when I need it, or some similar temporary sheet material that will spread the load once laid down. I am concerned about crushing the rockwool though, and whether it remains compressed once weight has been on it.

Should I be concerned or are there any other ways that I could do this cheaply?

Thanks

Dan

Sponsored Links
If you really want to do it for as little cost as possible you could lay a series of reclaimed (ie free off Marketplace) joists over the existing joists and then board it with some chipboard. Or even use reclaimed (ie free off Marketplace) decking boards.

If you really want to do it for as little cost as possible you could lay a series of reclaimed (ie free off Marketplace) joists over the existing joists and then board it with some chipboard. Or even use reclaimed (ie free off Marketplace) decking boards.
Good idea, thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back