Cheltenham racing Tips

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
With the Cheltenham festival starting tomorrow i thought i would share my tips with you and will be making a selection in each race over the 4 days starting with tomorrows card. Feel free to give your own selections.
Tues
1.30......Champagne fever

2.05......Simonsig

2.40......Fruity O'Rooney & Merry King

3.20......Zarkandar

4.00......Arabella Boy & Outlaw Pete

4.40......Quevega

5.15......Colour Squadron & Ohio Gold

Sponsored Links
A good start with THREE winners Two non runners and a 16-1 THIRD.
A good profit on the day and tomorrows selections to follow later :D

Reminds me of the time Paddy was stopped speeding on the M1 driving a range rover towing a horsebox. Copper asked him where he was going. He told him Doncaster Racecourse. Cop had a look in the horsebox and there was nothing in it. "Did you know the horsebox is empty?" asked the copper
"Of course it is." said Paddy,, "Oi'm taking the non runners."
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

(ok I'll get me coat )

Sponsored Links
Day two selections after a profitable day one with 3 winners

1.30......BACK IN FOCUS

2.05......PONT ALEXANDRE

2.40......UNIONISTE

3.20.....SPRINTER SACRE

4.00......PENDRA

4.40......COUNSEL (ew at 16/1)

5.15......UNION DUES & REGAL ENCORE

A friend of mine told me to look out for a horse called Dirty Carpet.
He says it's never been beaten.

A friend of mine told me to look out for a horse called Dirty Carpet.
He says it's never been beaten.

Or the Bookies.... they've never been beaten (on average !!) either !

Mugs game... top tip.... Don't !!

Better tip - DO bet, but only bet what you can afford to lose, and expect to lose it.

Can be good fun as long as it doesn't matter to you if you end up losing your money.

Good luck to anyone having a flutter today!

Onecog - so (without giving away your secrets, unless you want to) how do you pick your selections - do you follow the form seriously? Do you just read the racecard and pick based on that? Or is it the old 'stick a pin in'/'pick your favourite jockey's silks colours'/'I just liked the horse's name'??

Better tip - DO bet, but only bet what you can afford to lose, and expect to lose it.

Can be good fun as long as it doesn't matter to you if you end up losing your money.

Onecog - so (without giving away your secrets, unless you want to) how do you pick your selections - do you follow the form seriously? Do you just read the racecard and pick based on that? Or is it the old 'stick a pin in'/'pick your favourite jockey's silks colours'/'I just liked the horse's name'??

That's got to be a record.... you're 12 hundred posts in and this is your first contraversial post ! What are you thinking Mr Schofield?...

Society is better (not a pun!) without gambling !

Onlly two winners from my cheltenham selections yesterday although i did win over £200 on five winners elsewhere.
todays selections.

1.30 AUPCHARLIE

2.05 SHUTTHEFRONTDOOR

2.40 CUECARD

3.20 REVE DE SIVOLA

4.00 KAPGA DE CERISY (EW AT 10/1)

4.40 SUPER DUTY

5.15 ARABELLA BOY & ANY CURRENCY

That's got to be a record.... you're 12 hundred posts in and this is your first contraversial post ! What are you thinking Mr Schofield?...

Society is better (not a pun!) without gambling !

Sorry - didn't realise it was that controversial. Still disagree though. For some people, gambling is a bad thing, but controlled gambling I don't see as a problem for anyone - I positively enjoy it but I don't think i've ever bet more than £10 on one horse (and that was after a win - so I was technically betting with the bookies money anyway). We have a couple of days 'at the race' each year and thoroughly enjoy it. Sometimes we come back with nothing left (but have still had a good day out), sometimes we come back having had a free day out, or even in profit. As long as it doesn't really matter to you if you lose the bet, its all good fun. And when you're trying to decide which bookie to place your bet with - its an excellent mental arithmetic exercise!!

There are plenty of people in life who are alcoholics, but I wouldn't say that everyone would be better off without alcohol just because some people have a problem with it.

I've been having 10p and 20p bets on Cheltenham this week, so wont become a millionaire, but the bookie wont be retiring on the back of my bets! Its still exciting though if your horse is in with a chance as they come towards the line - even if you only stand to win 30p!! After two days, i'm very slightly in profit, so all in all, i'm a happy chappy.

Just returned from 2 days there, won 3 out of 9 bets. Astonishingly won £650 on a horse because wife put bet on the wrong horse by mistake and that one won. Still can't get over it! :eek:

Just returned from 2 days there, won 3 out of 9 bets. Astonishingly won £650 on a horse because wife put bet on the wrong horse by mistake and that one won. Still can't get over it! :eek:

Fantastic:cool:

Although not tipping it on my list above,I was on beneficial in the first at 20/1 :D

Sponsored Links
Back