Chemically cleaning combi boiler and system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have old radiators and have been informed that I need to chemically clean the system followed by using an "inhibitor" to prevent further corrosion.

Can anyone recommend any products and give me a few hints as to how to carry out this work. I understand that I need to put a temporary outflow on to one of the radiators whilst doing this process.

All help gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
brad12 said:
I have old radiators and have been informed that I need to chemically clean the system followed by using an "inhibitor" to prevent further corrosion.

Can the person who "informed" you not help you?

If the radiators are in poor condition then its questionable if its safe to do any chemical treatment at all.

If you use Sentinel X400 for 4-5 weeks then thats about the mildest chemical.

Water treatment often needs to be done by a professional who can assess the condition of the system and recognise any system faults and use the most appropriate chemical to deal with the problem.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back