Advice on adding inhibitor/chemicals to CH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all,

I'd like to add some inhibitor to my CH system and could do with a little advice. I have 6 rads in all and a Vaillant Ecotec plus condensing/combi.

How can I estimate the amount of water in the system and the amount of inhibitor to add?

How often should system have inhibitor added? All the rads heat up properly and the boiler is less than 2 years old but I removed a towel rail recently and the water inside wasnt exactly clear.

Would it be better to clean the system with a descaler/cleanser, drain down and start again?

I have a Magnaclean installed which should make chemical injection very straight forward but I haven't used it yet for that purpose.
Would I need any adaptors for the Magnaclean and can anyone recommend adaptors/chemicals for use with the MagnaC and or suppliers?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
OK fair enough!
I just had a look in the local B&Q and seems as though a litre of X100 or tube of Fernox is fine for sytems up to 10 rads.

Any ideas on the Magnaclean adaptors?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back