cherry tree root

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
My house was built in the 1990s and there is a small cherry blossom tree in the front garden (actually three small trees "grouped" together as shown in the photo). It must be there for a long time (We moved in 14 years ago). It's 2.6 m from the house and about 3m tall. I have found its root is quite shallow (visible from the soil) and some can reach out 1.5m from the tree, which is quite close to the tarmac driveway. I just wonder whether the root will continue to grow and potentially damage the driveway?

any advice is much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_2920.JPG
    IMG_2920.JPG
    570.2 KB · Views: 99
Sponsored Links
The roots on our cherry tree spread much further than anticipated, well beyond the tree's branches, also at surface level. It has lifted slabs on the patio so I imagine it will affect your drive. It might be worth speaking to a tree surgeon. Check if you're in a conservation area, if so the tree is automatically protected, and Council permission is needed, although not normally a problem if the tree is causing damage.

Blup

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back